As the topic of mental health becomes more common and society continues to break the stigma surrounding it, more and more people take the courage in seeking medical services. That’s good news! Because of this, the demand for Psychologists is growing in the Philippines. But first, aspiring professionals must pass the boards to legally practice the profession.
Kung gusto mong malaman kung paano mag-apply para sa Psychologist Licensure Board Exam, then you’ve come to the right place! Here's a quick run through of everything about the board exam – from requirements, down to the schedule:
What is the Psychologist Licensure Examination?
Ang Philippine Psychologist Licensure Examination ay ang board exam para sa mga nagnanais maging isang registered Psychologist sa bansa. Ito ay pinamumunuan ng Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
Who can take the Psychologist Licensure Examination?
Any person may apply to take examination for licensure as a psychologist after provided they are:
- A Filipino citizen;
- Holds at least a master's degree in psychology from a university, college or school recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHEd);
- Has completed a minimum of two hundred (200) hours of supervised practicum/internship/clinical experience related to services enumerated in paragraph (b)of Section 3 of the Republic Act 10029 or the Psychologist Law of the Philippines;
- Has good moral character; and
- Has not been convicted of any crime.
Note: Here are some Bukas partner schools offering a Psychology program!
What are the subjects covered in the Psychologist Licensure Examination?
The Psychologist board exam will include the core foundations of Psychology. To help you prepare in advance, here are the following subjects that will be covered:
- Advanced Theories of Personality
- Advanced Abnormal Psychology
- Advanced Psychological Assessment
- Psychological Counseling and Psychotherapy
What are the requirements for the Psychologist Licensure Examination?
To qualify for the Psychologist Licensure Board Exam you need to accomplish and pass the following requirements:
- PSA Birth certificate
- Marriage Contract from the NSO or the PSA (applicable to married female applicants only)
- Passport-sized image with a white background and collared attire
- NBI Clearance
- Transcript of Records accompanied by a scanned image and the remarks “For Board Review Purposes”
- Documentary stamps
- CAV for those schools without SO numbers. Valid NBI Clearance (First Timers & Repeaters)
- Three (3) Good Moral Character Certificate from any of the following:
Admission fee: PHP 900.000
When is the next Psychologist Licensure Examination?
The Psychologist Licensure Examination is held every February. It is usually held in various public schools throughout the Philippines. Be sure to check out the next schedule of the exam on the PRC official website!
Psychology is a dynamic field that provides various opportunities for Psychology graduates. In addition to working in a field that you love, you will have the opportunity to explore new challenges, help people, and even learn new things about yourself. How’s that for a rewarding career?
Handa ka na ba para sa Philippine Psychologist Licensure Examination? Start preparing your admission requirements and reviewing for the next . Do you need more study tips and advice for your college life or student journey in general? Check out our other blogs today. Kasama mo ang Bukas!
Learn more about how we make education affordable for thousands of Filipino students like you. Download the Bukas app on Google Play today! Kung gusto mo maging updated with our latest content and updates, you can connect with us on Facebook or reach us any time via email!
Written by: Karl Nicole Nucum