Hi, how can we help?

Browse through our Help Center to quickly find the answer that you are looking for. You may also reach out to us via Facebook or Email to talk to a Bukas representative.


COVID-19 UPDATE: We are one with the government in implementing the Bayanihan to Recover as One Act or BARO Act. Please make sure you read and understand the implementation of the BARO Act and how it can help you.

Am I eligible for multiple installment plans?

The new application must be submitted at least 60 days from the disbursement date of the previous installment plan.

Kindly note that the multiple installment plan will undergo the same assessment process by our credit team. This means that we will still charge the 3% one-time origination fee for the new installment plan.

Read more

What are the requirements to become a Bukas borrower?

To become eligible for a Bukas Tuition Installment Plan, you must have all of these minimum requirements:

  1. You must be a student (at least 18 years old) at one of Bukas' partner schools. Our partner schools are Mapua University Manila, Mapua University Makati, LPU Manila, LPU Makati, Jose Rizal University, Far Eastern University Manila, Far Eastern University Makati, Far Eastern University Alabang, Far Eastern University Tech, Far Eastern University Diliman, Emilio Aguinaldo College, Our Lady of Fatima University Valenzuela, Our Lady of Fatima University Quezon City, Our Lady of Fatima University Antipolo, Our Lady of Fatima University Laguna, Our Lady of Fatima University Nueva Ecija, ,Our Lady of Fatima University Pampanga, National Teachers College, Eskwelabs, Malayan Colleges Laguna, Malayan Colleges Davao, Centro Escolar University Manila, Centro Escolar University Makati, Centro Escolar University Malolos, Magsaysay Center for Hospitality and Culinary Arts (MIHCA), University of Nueva Caceres, and Adamson University.
  2. You must be a Filipino citizen.
  3. You must have a guardian who is at least 21 years old. A guardian will serve as an emergency contact person and he or she should preferably be living with the student. A guardian can also be a guarantor if he or she will help the student with the monthly repayments.
Read more

What valid documents do I need to apply for a tuition installment plan?

To complete your application and your profile, you will need to submit documents such as a clear photo of student ID or government issued ID, a complete school assessment form, a proof of residence under your guardian's name or student's name, guarantor's proof of income, and any available copy of grades. Below are samples of acceptable documents:

For a guide on what school assessment form should be uploaded, you may go here.

I. Valid ID list (need only 1 of these)

  • Passport
  • Driver's License (including Student Permits with official receipt)
  • Social Security System (SSS) Card (date of birth must be visible on the ID)
  • Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
  • Postal ID (old postal IDs must have a photo of both front and back)
  • Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID)
  • National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
  • Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) ID
  • Philippine National Police (PNP) ID
  • Bureau of Fire Protection ID
  • Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
  • Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
  • Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
  • OFW ID
  • Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
  • Police Clearance Certificate or Police Clearance Card
  • Seaman’s Books
  • National Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
  • Alien Certification of Registration or Immigrant Certificate of Registration

II. Valid Proof of Income (need only 1 of these)

If Employed:

  • Income Tax Return BIR 2316
  • Certificate of Employment with monthly income
  • Payslips (Official copy/ Screenshot on employee portal)
  • Payroll bank account statement, web screenshots of online banking payroll credits or mobile banking app
  • If Self-Employed or Has Own Business:
  • DTI Permit
  • City Business Permit
  • Barangay Business Permit
  • Bank Statements
  • Income Tax Return 1701
  • Audited Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, Statement of Changes in Equity and Notes to Financial Statements)


  • Employment Contract
  • Remittance Receipts

III. Valid Proof of Residence (
need only 1 of these)

  • UMID
  • Driver's License
  • Barangay Certificate
  • Police ID/Clearance
  • Water Bill *
  • Electricity Bill *
  • Landline Phone Bill *
  • Postpaid line bill *
  • Internet Bill *
  • Bank statement with Address *
  • Credit Card Statement of Account (SoA) *
  • Income Tax Return (with address)
  • Lease Contract

Items with asterisk (*) - These documents have to be dated within the last 3 months.

Read more

I still don’t have a school ID. What do I submit?

In lieu of your school ID, you can take a selfie with any government-issued valid ID. For a list of valid government IDs you may click this link here. If you don’t have any of these, you can send an email to [email protected]

For a guide on what school assessment form should be uploaded, you may go here.

Read more

How do I pay?

Currently, you can pay via Unionbank over the counter, Unionbank online, official Bayad Center branches and through over 3,000 Dragonpay partner channels, either online or over-the-counter (BPI, BDO, Metrobank, RCBC, 7-Eleven, LBC, SM Dept. Store, Cebuana Lhuillier, etc.). Learn more about our payment options here and more about Dragonpay here.

Read more

Can I pay in advance?

You can pay your plan ahead of time. If you're able to pay the total principal earlier than the last payment date, you can do so and even avail for recomputation of interest. You can request it via emailing [email protected]

Read more