Electrical engineering is an interesting branch of engineering that deals with the study, design, and application of equipment, devices, and systems. It also uses electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism.
Graduates from this program are offered with vast career opportunities and high salary potential. But like many engineering fields, kailangan mo munang pumasa sa Electrical Engineering board to earn your license. Here’s your ultimate guide to the Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam in the Philippines:
What is the Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam?
The Registered Electrical Engineering Licensure Exam is the board exam intended for aspiring electrical engineering professionals in the country. Ang Professional Regulation Commission o PRC ang namamahala sa Electrical Engineering Licensure Exams sa bansa. The board serves as the culminating exam for engineering students who wish to apply their electrical engineering skills professionally.
Who can take the Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam?
According to the Republic Act No. 7920 o Electrical Engineering Law, ang mga aspiring electrical engineers na nais kumuha ng Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam ay kinakailangang:
- At least twenty-one years of age;
- A Filipino citizen;
- Has a good moral character; and
- A graduate of a four-year course in electrical engineering from a recognized school.
Note: Here are some Bukas partner schools offering a degree in Electrical Engineering!
What are the subjects covered in the Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam?
The Licensure Examination for Electrical Engineering consists of 3 major topics: Mathematics, Engineering Sciences and Allied Subjects, and Electrical Engineering Professional Subjects. Below is the weight of each subjects and the subtopics under them:
- Algebra Trigonometry
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus & Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Complex Numbers
- Probability & Statistics Matrices
- Power Series
- Power Series & Fourier Analysis
- Laplace Transforms
Engineering Sciences and Allied Subjects (30%)
- General Chemistry
- College Physics
- Computer Fundamentals & Programming Engineering
- Materials Engineering Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Electrical Engineering Law
- Engineering Economics
- Engineering Management Contracts & Specifications
- Code of Professional Ethics
- Philippine Electrical Code Parts 1 and 2
Electrical Engineering Professional Subjects (45%)
- Electric Circuits Electronic
- Theory & Circuits Energy Conversion
- Power Transmission and Distribution
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Circuit and Line Protection
- Control System Principles of Communication
- Electrical Machines Electrical Equipment
- Components & Devices
- Electric Systems
- Power Plant
- Electronic Power Equipment
- Building Wiring
To pass the licensure exam, you need to achieve a general average rating of 70% with no grade below 50% on any subject.
What are the requirements for the Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam?
Here’s the list of admission requirements that you need to accomplish when you apply for the licensure exam:
- One (1) NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- One (1) NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (if you’re a married female applicant)
- Transcript of Records, which include a scanned image of yourself and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- NBI Clearance
- 4 pcs Passport Sized Photos (images must be white in the background and have a collar in the attire) for the candidate
Admission fee: Php 900.00
When is the next Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam?
The Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam is a biannual written board exam usually held during the month of April and September. According to the examination schedules on the PRC official website, here are the important dates you need to remember:
Licensed Electrical Engineers have the opportunity to enter a wide range of career options. Pwede kang magtrabaho hindi lang sa engineering firms kundi pati na rin sa iba’t-ibang industriya tulad ng manufacturing facilities at government agencies. That is why earning your professional license in electrical engineering is one big step towards landing your dream job!
Handa ka na ba para sa susunod na Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam? It’s best to start preparing your admission requirements as early as you can! Passing the Electrical Engineer Licensure exam is not something you can achieve overnight. You better gather your notes and start reviewing as early as you can. Do you need more study tips and advice for your med school life or student journey in general? Check out our other blogs today. Kasama mo ang Bukas!
Learn more about how we make education affordable for thousands of Filipino students like you. Download the Bukas app on Google Play today! Kung gusto mo maging updated with our latest content and updates, you can connect with us on Facebook or reach us any time via email!
Written by: Karl Nicole Nucum